DIGITAL YACHT WEBSITE
GPS150 DualNav™ SENSOR
With the GPS150, boat owners can have a single sensor that will automatically read satellite data from both GPS and GLONASS constellations.
Scroll to find out more.
The GPS150 DualNav™ positioning sensor combines a super accurate 50 channel GPS with GLONASS, the Russian funded satellite positioning system that is now on line and providing an excellent back up or alternative to GPS. This “smart” sensor will automatically switch between the systems or the user can manually select the most appropriate for their activity. The GPS150 will also be able to utilise the European funded Galileo positioning system when it comes on line (IOC – Initial Operation Capability in 2018).
The implementation of GLONASS as an additional satellite positioning system is probably the biggest step change in maritime navigation since GPS was fully augmented back in the mid 90’s. Digital Yacht’s GPS150 utilises the industry standard NMEA data format allowing older chart plotters as well as current generation products to take advantage of this new technology.
The GPS150 also allows the user to select a variety of different NMEA baud rates (4800, 38400 and 115200) to allow interfacing with legacy and current systems.
It also supports a new TurboNav™ mode which will appeal to racing yachtsmen and performance users where GPS/GLONASS data is output at 10Hz (10 x faster update than normal) and with an interface speed of 115200 baud which is 24 x the speed of normal NMEA data. This massively improves slow speed navigation data as well as providing the best course and speed data in a dynamic situation.
The GPS150 can also connect to the WLN10 wireless interface to allow data to be sent to mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Tablets. There is also an optional USB interface for PC and MAC users (ZDIGUSBNMEA).
• 50 channel precision GPS/GLONASS positioning sensor
• Just 75mm in diameter and designed to fit industry standard 1” mounts
• Ultra tough, waterproof construction
• NMEA output configurable for 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud
• Selectable update rates from 1 to 10Hz
• Configurable in the field using simple DIP switches inside the antenna
• TurboNav mode offers super fast updates to optimise positioning information in slow and high speed applications
• WAAS/EGNOS/SBAS enabled for sub 1m accuracy
• User selectable GPS/GLONASS mode or auto selection
• Ultra low 30mA power consumption (at 12V DC)
• 5-30V DC power input
"DualNav™ technology offers unprecedented positioning accuracy with GPS and GLONASS compatibility and 10Hz super-fast NMEA position updates. The GPS150 is Digital Yacht's latest GPS sensor to incorporate DualNav™."
PROGRAMMABLE OPERATION SUITS ALL INSTALLATIONS
• Simply unscrew the waterproof antenna to access the GPS150. It features a four way dip switch to allow easy field programming
• Installer can set:
• Baud rate 4800, 38400 or 115200
• Auto or manual GPS/GLONASS operation
• Update rate 1/6/10Hz (Alos dependable upon NMEA baud rate)